From France, Europe or overseas, you should be able to find low cost tickets as well as regular companies from many cities around the world to Marseille Provence International Airport. Check the airport’s page for a complete schedule of flights going to/leaving from Marseille.
The Airport shuttle will take you to the City Center Train Station in 25 min. Shuttle every 20 minutes. Cost : 8,60€. You can buy your ticket on line.. From France: You should also try TGV (book your trip with the SNCF).
You will find more information in Aix-en-Provence Tourisme Office website, such as :
Without any commission, we offer several recommendations at the following hotels :
Grand Hôtel du Roi René
Hôtel de France
Hôtel du globe
Hôtel la Rotonde
The restaurant is famous : www.brasserieleopold.com
Les Jardins de Mozart
After the event?
- discover the city with a guide
- enjoy one of the great museums of the city (musée Granet, fondation Vasarely, Hôtel Caumon Centre d’Art, …)
- walk in Cézanne’s footsteps.
If you have some more time, we highly recommend you to take time to explore Marseille :
- Discover the old quarter of the city « le Panier » (means the Basket), or climb the hill to Notre-Dame de la Garde, the major church dedicated to the Virgin who protect Sailors and Fish Men (interesting ex-voto).
- Visit one of the most important building of the great architect le Corbusier, Unité d’Habitation Le Corbusier, la Cité radieuse.
- Remember your childhood when you were a great fan of Alexander Dumas’ The Count of Monte Christo ? Take the regular boat line to visit Chateau d’If, Marseille’s Alcatraz.
- Marseille has great beaches. You enjoy wild life? Take the boat to the Frioul Islands or have a nice walk on the cliffs, ”Les calanques”.