Fing produces, detects and shares novel and actionable ideas to anticipate digital transformations. Since 2000, Fing has built a new kind of think tank, whose efforts are widely recognized throughout Europe and beyond. Fing helps businesses, public sector institutions and local communities to :
- Anticipate changes inspired by technology and its uses, and
- Open up their innovation processes.
Fing is a nonprofit organization based in Paris, France. Its list of 300+ members unites large corporations with start-ups, research labs, public entities, universities, trade associations… http://fing.org/?About-Fing
Since 2000, Fing has played a major role in the following domains:
- Smart Cities: the Villes 2.0 programme was launched in 2007
- Fablabs: launch of Fablab², the first program dedicated to the development of a Fablab network in France (2007)
- Open data: launch of the first Open Data Campaign in France (2009-2012), which included publishing France’s first Guide to Open Data (Creative Commons, 2010), and hosting the OpenDataWeek.org international conference (2012, 2013)
- Self data: the MesInfos programme was launched in 2011 similar to MiData (UK) and the Green- Blue-button (USA))
- Infolabs: creation and prototyping of the infolab/data fablab concept (2011), current support for the launch of the first infolabs in France(2015) — information in English coming soon; see http://infolabs.io.